Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Elmo Voice, Kevin Clash resigns

Kevin Clash, the longtime voice of Elmo, resigned on Tuesday after a new allegation was made that he had underage sexual relationships. Mr. Clash said in a statement,
“Personal matters have diverted attention away from the important work ‘Sesame Street’ is doing and I cannot allow it to go on any longer. I am deeply sorry to be leaving and am looking forward to resolving these personal matters privately.”

According to New York times, his statement came around the same time a new lawsuit was filed in federal court in New York accusing him of “sexual activity” with a 15-year-old. The accuser, Cecil Singleton, is now 24. The suit said that Mr. Singleton “did not become aware that he had suffered adverse psychological and emotional effects from Kevin Clash’s sexual acts and conduct until 2012.” It sought $5 million in damages.

Mr. Clash last accuser recanted his allegations last week saying they had an “adult consensual relationship.” That man has remained anonymous and has not filed a suit.

A sad day on Sesame Street


Post a Comment