Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Arsene Wenger to leave Arsenal

Arsene Wenger to leave Arsenal

Arsene Wenger faces Bayern Munich in the Champions League tonight insisting he will be missed when he leaves Arsenal at the end of his contract.

The Arsenal boss is preparing for one of the biggest weeks of his career after being dumped out of the FA Cup by Blackburn on Saturday.

Wenger, 63, said: “I’m sure you will miss me when I’m gone. My current contract ends in 2014. I will have completed 30 years without interruption at top level; football demands a lot of commitment.”

Wenger is a brilliant manager, if he was to leave. I cant think of anyone who could replace him. You just have to look at what he has done for Arsenal.

The Gunners manager reacted angrily to questioning about his future on Monday, as reports claimed that despite a likely eighth season without silverware he was set to agree a two-year extension.

Hill-Wood told the Daily Star that some of the reaction against Wenger has been a bit hysterical.

"You hear clubs being criticised for sacking their manager too quickly. Now there are people out there calling for us to sack a manager who has been a huge success for 15 years.

"That does not help much. I have been extremely disappointed by some of the recent results.'' He said.

Wenger told media reporters that after working for 16 years in the country ''I expect a certain respect.''

0 comments:

Post a Comment