Monday, July 21, 2014

Oby Ezekwesili arrested or Not?

Oby Ezekwesili arrested or Not


The Department of State Security through its Director-General, Mr, Ita Ekpeyong, has denied arresting former Minister of Education and pioneer of the #BringBackOurGirls campaign, Oby Ezekwesili.

Media reports had earlier said that the leading member of the BringBackOurGirls campaign was arrested, quizzed and released.

The reports from the department of security is that the the former minister is currently in London and there was no way she could have been arrested.

“Did she tell you she was arrested? Did you see her? She is currently in London and that shows you that she was not arrested. We did not arrest her,” he declared.




Mrs. Ezekwesili had tweeted at 7:37 a.m. Monday that she was heading to London to appear on the BBC Hardtalk programme but was prevented from boarding her flight by security operatives.

Is this a democracy? I am being detained by the SSS at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport . The SSS has refused to give my passport to me,” she posted. “On my way to London this morning for my @BBCHARDtalk appearance billed for tomorrow and the SSS has detained me by withholding my passport.”

These tweets soon went viral within minutes with several Nigerians on social media lampooning the government and calling for the immediate release of the former minister.

At 8:03 am, Mrs. Ezekwesili tweeted that the operatives had released her passport.

“SSS has released it. Just barely made the BA flight. Last to board @ 7.55 for an 8.00 am flight that is now taxiing. Is this democracy?” she wrote. “No one can seize my democratic rights. I refused to let the SSS get away with trampling on my constitutional right.”




Is Mrs Oby Ezekwesili blowing things out of nothing or the government lying again?

0 comments:

Post a Comment