Wednesday, April 13, 2016

#BringBackOurGirls 2 Years of Failure: Nigerian Stolen Girls Still Missing

#BringBackOurGirls 2 Years of Failure
2 years after #BringBackOurGirls failure, Nigerian stolen girls are still no where to be found. On April 14, 2014, two years ago , terrorist group Boko Haram stormed the village of Chibok, kidnapping hundreds of girls, shooting residents and burning homes.

The latest fear is that these missing girls are now brainwashed to carry out suicide attacks in Nigeria. One of every five suicide bombings that the group has staged or inspired over the last two years has been executed by children, usually young girls. My 7-year-old child was among the children kidnapped,” a government official in a Maiduguri camp said in a phone interview. “The Boko Haram abductors struck nine days after I enrolled my child in the school.”
Nigerian Stolen Girls Still Missing
There has been no news despite rescue effort by the Nigerian government since 2014.

Two years after Chibok, 219 of the kidnapped girls are still missing, a small fraction of the thousands of women, girls and boys reported to have been abducted since. Amnesty International last month reported that Boko Haram in 2015 and 2016 had abducted at least 2,000 women alone. A UNICEF report released Tuesday said many of the missing children, some as young as 8, were forced to carry out “suicide” bombings.


Post a Comment