Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Alex Ferguson retires at the end of the season

Sir Alex Ferguson retires from football at the end of the season. Ferguson's era comes to an end. The Manchester United manager, will retire at the end of this season after 26 years in office, announced today the club through their website.
Alex Ferguson leaves Manchester United

"I've thought a lot about the decision to leave and I have not taken it lightly. It's the right time," said the coach, 71 years.

Alex Ferguson will vacate his post after the game against West Bromwich Albion on 19 May. The club did not take any decision on his replacement, although it emerged that David Moyes , Everton coach, and Jose Mourinho , in charge of Real Madrid are favorites to replace him.
Alex Ferguson retires

"It was important for me to leave the club stronger and I think I achieved that. The quality of this team at all levels bodes well for continued success, "said Ferguson when he announced his decision
"In the future, I am happy to assume the role of director and ambassador for the club. Through these activities, along with my many other interests, I am looking forward to the future. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment