German citizens can travel to 177 countries without a visa according to the 2016 Visa Restrictions Index. The United States, which ranked first in 2014 and 2015, has now dropped to fourth place in the 2016 ranking. What about Nigeria? Nigeria is ranked 92 in the visa restrictions index and tied with Angola, Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea.
As a Nigerian citizen, you can visit 45 countries in the world without a visa. These countries are: Barbados,Benin Republic,Burkina Faso,Cameroon, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Dominican,Fiji Island, Gambia,Ghana, Guinea,Guinea Bissau,Haiti, Liberia, Mali, Mauritius, Micronesia,Niger Republic, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo and Vanuatu.
• All passports evaluated are assumed to be biometric (ICAO 9303 compliant) • There are 219 destination countries (territories) in total. The maximum attainable score is 218 (points are not assigned for a national traveling to their own country)
• The amount of nationalities (passports) evaluated is 199. These are the 193 Member States of the United Nations, Taiwan, Kosovo, Palestinian Territory, Vatican City, Hong Kong (SAR China), Macao (SAR China)
• E-visas are treated in the same way as visas on arrival. Where the conditions for obtaining an e-visa are straightforward (fee, return ticket, hotel reservation), a point was assigned. Where there are additional conditions (e.g. invitation letter, consular approval), a point was not assigned
• Countries that do not enforce their own visa restrictions are considered as a nationality, but not as a destination: Andorra, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Palestinian Territory, San Marino, Vatican City
• Countries that enforce their own visa restrictions but issue passports under the authority of a governing country are considered as a destination, but not as a nationality: Aruba, Anguilla, Bermuda, Bonaire and St. Eustatius and Saba, Cayman Islands, Curacao, Cook Islands, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French West Indies, Gibraltar, Guam, Mayotte, Montserrat, New Caledonia, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, Reunion, Samoa (American), St. Maarten, Turks and Caicos Islands, Virgin Islands (British), Virgin Islands (US)