Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Nigerian billionaire wants Arsenal stake

Nigerian billionaire wants Arsenal stake
Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote, plans to buy FA cup champions Arsenal football club in the English premier league, media reported on Tuesday.


The Nigerian has been keen to take control of the Gunners for a number of years and was linked with a stake in the club when former director Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith was selling her shares in 2010.

Speaking to Bloomberg, Dangote said: "I still hope, one day at the right price, that I will buy the team. I might buy it, not at a ridiculous price but a price that the owners won't want to resist. I know my strategy."

However, the 58-year-old was quick to point out that, despite the interest, no bid for the Premier League side 'is in the pipeline'.

"We have 16 billion dollars-worth of investments in the next few years," he added. "Right now I want to take my own business to a certain level. Once I finish on that trajectory, then maybe."

0 comments:

Post a Comment